What if I’m a pilot and get a DWI?

If you hold a FAA pilot’s license, even a non-commercial license, you are required to send a notification letter to the FAA if you have a “Reportable Offense”. For a list of what a reportable offense is, click HERE. If you don’t send a notification letter the FAA can suspend you. You can get a Notification letter HERE. This letter must be sent to:

Federal Aviation Administration
Security and Investigations Division (AMC-700)
P.O. Box 25810
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

Of course if you are a commercial pilot, you probably already understand you will never fly commercially again if you are convicted of a DWI. Not that the FAA won’t allow it, but that the chances of getting hired are extremely low.

Rosengren Kohlmeyer & Hagen Law Office
150 St. Andrews Court, Suite 110 56001
Tel:507-625-5000, www.rokolaw.com

Using this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Viewing this website or sending an email message through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is created by a written agreement between you and our attorneys in which the attorney agrees to provide you with legal representation and you agree to pay his fee. Information sent by email may not be treated as confidential. Nothing on this website is intended to give you specific advice, everything on this site is presented by Jason Kohlmeyer of Rosengren Kohlmeyer Lawas a courtesy to the public and your case will have unique facts that this website does not and cannot factor in. An attorney should be contacted by telephone or in person as soon as possible. Revised: January 7, 2015 *not indicative of all cases, each case has it's own set off facts and own nuances, your case may end up with a better or worse result than the listed cases. All cases on file. Rosengren Kohlmeyer & Hagen practices criminal defense with a very special emphasis on DWI DUI in in Mankato, St. James, Fairmont, Waseca, Olivia, St. Clair, St. Peter, Gaylord, Blue Earth, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Shakopee