In Minnesota a DWI (sometimes called a DUI) can have serious long-term consequences. You have rights that can protect you when you are charged with a DWI in Minnesota, but it is critical that you consult with an experienced and skilled Minnesota DWI attorney AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. There are very short deadlines that need to be followed in order for you to protect your rights.
Some of the Consequences of a DWI DUI are
- Jail: including 30, 90 or even 180 days MANDATORY Jail
- Prison: 3,4 or even 6 years for repeat DWI DUI offenders
- Vehicle Forfeiture: which means the police take your car
- Fine: of up to $1,000, $3,000 or even $14,000
- Loss of Driver’s License: for up to 6 years
- Loss of Commercial Driver’s License (CDL): possible LIFETIME BAN
- Prohibition: cannot enter Canada with a DWI/DUI conviction
- Job termination: for loss of driver’s license
- Insurance: dramatically increased automobile insurance costs
- Whiskey Plates: license Plate Impoundment and Special Series Plates aka “Whiskey Plates”
Some Recent Cases*
- 4th Degree DWI – Case Dismissed
- 4th Degree DWI- Case Dismissed (Nicollet County)
- 3rd Degree DWI- Case Dismissed (Jackson County)
- Criminal Vehicular Operation – Reduced to Careless Driving
- 4th Degree DWI – Reduced to Careless Driving
- 3rd lifetime DWI – 5 days Jail
- 5th Degree Assault – reduced to disorderly conduct
- Felony Assault – reduced to misdemeanor
- Vehicle Forfeiture – Corvette returned following hearing
For More info go to our blog Criminal Defense Blog HERE.
Don’t Let A DWI Ruin Your Life….
You Deserve The Best Criminal Defense Attorney You Can Afford.
Call Today (507)-625-5000 For Your Free Consultation!
Using this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Viewing this website or sending an email message through this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is created by a written agreement between you and our attorneys in which the attorney agrees to provide you with legal representation and you agree to pay his fee. Information sent by email may not be treated as confidential. Nothing on this website is intended to give you specific advice, everything on this site is presented by Jason Kohlmeyer of Rosengren Kohlmeyer Lawas a courtesy to the public and your case will have unique facts that this website does not and cannot factor in. An attorney should be contacted by telephone or in person as soon as possible. Revised: January 7, 2015 *not indicative of all cases, each case has it's own set off facts and own nuances, your case may end up with a better or worse result than the listed cases. All cases on file. Rosengren Kohlmeyer & Hagen practices criminal defense with a very special emphasis on DWI DUI in in Mankato, St. James, Fairmont, Waseca, Olivia, St. Clair, St. Peter, Gaylord, Blue Earth, Owatonna, Albert Lea, Shakopee